Software Engineer Intermediate
Posted by Ryan Dickson
About the job
Be part of a technology startup that is building cutting edge healthcare products using NLP and machine learning methods to transform the way quality of care is addressed in the healthcare industry.
As a full-stack software engineer on the Application Engineering team, under the direction of management and more senior members of the team, you will contribute to the overall Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) by independently completing assigned projects and tasks by meeting established quality measures. The focus of this position will be to reach a competent level of the technology stack and show the ability to master portions of it.
The goal of Astrata’s Application Engineering team is to integrate the NLP and ML developed by other Astrata teams into innovative customer facing applications that revolutionize the way clinical notes are used in the healthcare industry as well as develop applications needed to support these applications.
What you’ll do…
- Works with the latest technologies and tools to develop production-level code used by clients daily.
- Find creative solutions to difficult problems and operate within a flexible, fast-paced development environment
- Design, develop, test, and maintain production-level client code and tooling.
- Participation in the full software development cycle using Agile methodology
- Use modern CI/CD processes and the AWS Cloud ecosystem for code deployments.
- Promote and participate in professional self-development to stay up to date with new technologies and development approaches within the industry
- Provide updates in both written and spoken format.
- Work with leadership on a daily basis providing status updates, recommendations for improvements, and other inputs to provide a world class engineering development organization.
What we’re looking for…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a relevant field, or someone who has acquired core software development via practical experience
- 2+ years of relevant software development experience
- Familiarity with Java
- Familiarity with MySQL or another relational database.
- Familiarity with GitLab or another code repository system.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in small groups to problem solve
- High initiative and be self-motivated to exceed expectations.
- Ability to work in and support a team-based environment.
Exceptional Candidates will have…
- Proficient in Java.
- Proficient in CSS, HTML, and Angular.
- Experience working with GitLab CI/CD.
- Experience working with AWS
- Demonstrated increasing responsibilities including the ability to develop significant software projects.
Why you’ll love working here…
- Opportunity to transform healthcare
- Competitive compensation packages including healthcare, PTO and retirement benefits
- Culture of teamwork, achievement, and fun