Senior Mobile Developer
Posted by Tyler Yocca
Gemini Shale Solutions
Senior Mobile Developer Full time (W2)
Who we are: Gemini Shale Solutions is an established pioneer in automating & digitizing the oil and gas industry through innovative SaaS solutions. Gemini is simply a customer-obsessed innovation and solutions partner. Our people, partnerships, and purpose drive everything we do.
About the job
As a Senior Mobile Developer for Gemini, you will be responsible for delivering flawless user experiences from a technical and aesthetic perspective on our mobile application. You will spend time working closely with Gemini stakeholders and engineers to build the future of our platform.
What you will do:
- Craft aesthetically and functionally flawless user experiences based on UX/UI mockups & Prototypes
- Build and deliver code on our Mobile app solution
- Innovate with backend engineers, UX developers and stakeholders to build the future of the Gemini platform
About you We’re looking for someone who is an expert in modern component frameworks (specifically React Native) with very strong native mobile development skills. More important than technical skills though is that you’re a strong problem solver who loves to learn.
A love of learning and an uncanny ability to connect data points to build innovative solutions is essential. We are constantly learning from the industry and each other as we implement and create new technology in the oil and gas industry.
A willingness to break out of the common mold. We can’t innovate, and you can’t do your best work if we’re afraid to challenge each other. We will constantly push the boundaries while staying true to our mission, vision, values, and DNA.
Local to the Pittsburgh area is preferred for the role as we will have weekly in-person meetings and work closely as a team on site. As we lay foundations and build trust, opportunities to work flexibly will likely arise.
Basic Qualifications (The Must-Haves):
- Mobile development experience
- 3+ years of experience with mobile app development
- Strong understanding of developing and releasing across both iOS and Android platforms
- 5+ years of professional experience developing, testing, or automating a complex software product
Preferred Qualifications (The Nice-To-Haves):
- Python & Raspberry Pi experience (to work on our IoT component)
- “Full stack” experience (as we will remain a small team, you will have the opportunity to work on multiple product components)
Pay and Benefits
As we are a startup, work weeks will typically range from 40-60 hours/week. This will depend on client needs and pace of development. We will work to create access to needed team members as we build trust and have weekly in-person meetings. There is no doubt we will work hard and put in the time needed to do things right, but we will also slow down and celebrate together.
The salary for the position is between $100,000 – $150,000, based on experience.
Benefits include 20 days of paid time off. You’re also free to take additional time off here and there as needed for any reasonable reason, like of course if you are sick, but also if you need the morning off to take your pet to the vet, or need an afternoon off to drive a loved one to the airport, whatever. At the end of the day all that matters to us is that we’re making progress on what we’re building together. May also include but is not limited to:
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Simple IRA contribution
Gemini will purchase mutually selected hardware for you to use in accordance with SOC 2 pursuit as well as provide ancillary office equipment as needed. We will work together to figure out how we can make the working situation best for everyone.