AWS DevOps Engineer
Posted by Ron Lunde
Pittsburgh, PA USA
We know that what you say (and how you say it) matters, which is why we’ve built the most advanced online editor for job descriptions there is. Our customers (hiring teams at BuzzFeed, Oscar Health, Levi’s, and many more) use our editor to write job descriptions that are welcoming to all qualified candidates. The result is a more fair and representative hiring process for candidates across the globe. Check it out: Datapeople.io/smart-editor
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to help us develop data products that help recruiting teams understand and benchmark their talent pipelines and processes. You’ll work within the Engineering team, reporting to our Head of Engineering.
- Guide the team in developing and deploying changes to existing software
- Enhance our IT infrastructure and security protocols
- Identify manual processes that can be automated
- Improve engineering standards by developing internal tools that will be used by the data and engineering teams
- Maintain and improve our AWS cloud infrastructure
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Design and operate monitoring, logging, and alerting systems
This is a remote job and available to all candidates with work privileges currently residing in the United States.
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps engineer
- Understanding of SQL and common relational database systems
- Professional AWS DevOps experience
- Preferred: Experience setting up and operating NoSQL databases such as ElasticSearch
- Experience with Docker and ECS
- Familiarity with Docker Compose and Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
- Experience working with Python
- Understanding of security best practices
- Experience working with Terraform
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
- Remote-friendly team and open to more flexible work arrangements
Datapeople is a small team with a big mission of democratizing opportunity for all qualified candidates. Our founders are located in New York but we’re building a team of experienced engineers, linguists and scientists from across the USA.
We care deeply about fairness (it’s our mission) so you can be ensured that your application will never be judged based on your religious belief, age, color, race, creed, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, political affiliation, ethnic origin, family status or disability.